DIGITAL CONNEXTIONS: PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
This is the Privacy & Cookies Policy (the ‘PCP’) of Digital Connextions Limited, a company registered in Scotland
with a company number of SC447870 and a registered address of 163 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4SQ, Scotland
(hereafter ‘we’ or ‘us’) for our software application Hiyzr (the “Platform”). This PCP describes the ways in which we
collect and use information about our users (hereafter ‘you’ or ‘users’) when you visit and/or use the Platform. If
you have any queries about this PCP please contact us using the contact details below.
- Who this PCP applies to: This PCP applies to any person who uses the Platform and people who make
complaints to us by email. By using the Platform you agree to be bound by this PCP. We may change this PCP
at any time. We shall deem your continued use of the Platform as indicating your consent to such changes.
- Information we collect from people who use the Platform: When you sign up to an Account for the
Platform and when you use the Platform we collect the following information from you:
- upon sign-up we collect your user name, your e-mail address, your password and details of the device you
are using together with your profile information for your user profile which may include your full name,
identifying you and other contact information such as your telephone number;
- details in relation to your use of the Platform;
- your IP address or the internet browser which you are using when you use the Platform; and
below and in the Table below at the bottom of this PCP.
- Stopping us from collecting this information: If you do not want us to collect and use this information you
can use your browser settings and privacy settings on your device to prevent us collecting certain of the above
information about you. If you still have concerns about the information we collect please contact us at any
time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. However, the Platform may not function fully, or at all, on
your device if you decide to do so and we reserve the right to restrict access to the Platform if users do not
agree to provide such information.
- How we use information collected from people who use the Platform: The information is used for our own
business management purposes and also in order to provide the best service possible via the Platform. We
may also use your information to:
- help you access your information after you sign in and remember information for future visits;
- complete your transactions using the Platform;
- facilitate the improvement of the Platform and your experience of the Platform and to develop and test the
- provide technical support in relation to user enquiries, resolving disputes and troubleshooting;
- to monitor numbers of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns;
- prevent fraud or illegal activities;
- to provide information about other products and services. From time to time we may send you information
about the Platform and other goods and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can tell us
to stop this at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- contact you with our online newsletter, which you can unsubscribe from at any time; and
- share with third parties for the purposes as described in paragraph 5 below.
- Sharing information with third parties: We may, subject to its obligations to comply with applicable data
protection legislation, share your information with third parties including:
- Your information shall be shared with our Provider organisations with whom you can take up Opportunities
– as further described on the Platform. When you take up Opportunities with Providers you may be subject
to Providers own Privacy and Cookies policies or terms and conditions to which DCL is not a party;
- we may also share elements of your participation on the Platform (e.g. displaying your geographical
location to communicate with other users in similar locations) with other users but if we do so it will be done
- in relation to the sale of some or all of our business, or its assets, to any third party, or as part of any
business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy
rights continue to be protected;
- in anonymised form with data aggregators and service providers as part of an analysis of user metrics or
sales performance; and
- with law enforcement agencies in compliance with law enforcement.
- Links to third party websites: We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites
even if you access such sites using links from the Platform when you are using the Platform. We recommend
that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or
questions. In addition, if you link to the Platform from a third party site or via a social network (e.g. Twitter,
Facebook), we are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that
third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or
operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- Security: We have implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access
and improper use. Our physical servers are operated by a dedicated third party service within the EU. We
delete data we hold about you in relation to the Platform if you have not accessed the service in the previous 6
- The Platform’s policy towards children: We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information in
relation to children under the age of 13. If we discover it has collected personal data in relation to any children
under 13 we shall delete such information.
- Cookies and similar technologies:
- What are Cookies? Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device when you use the Platform.
websites, Facebook or other apps and any information you enter will be remembered but is deleted when
you close your browser or after a short time. Persistent cookies allow us to remember your preferences and
settings when you use The Platform in the future, in different browser sessions. This paragraph 9 applies to
- Disabling Cookies: The use of the cookies described above improves the functionality of The Platform
and your experience using it. If you do not want these cookies to be served on your device, you are able to
disable them by changing the settings on your browser, or on your device. Please note that if you do decide
to disable cookies you may not be able to access all or part of the Platform, some of the features of the
Platform or the Platform may not function properly. By continuing to use the Platform, including using social
networking media functionality, you consent to the relevant cookies being set on your device.
- More information: To find out more about how cookies work, how to manage and delete them and to see
which ones have been set please visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Cookies we use: Descriptions of the cookies used by the Platform, and in connection with The Platform
are provided in the Table below.
- Third Party Cookies: We and third parties may place or read cookies on your device and use similar
technologies such as beacons, pixels and local storage to collect information about you and how we
cookies by any third parties.
- Device Identifiers: When you use a mobile device to access the Platform, we may access, collect,
monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are
small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely
identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware,
data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device
by us. A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and
use the Platform and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads.
|Google Analytics Cookies
||utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
||The Platform uses Google Analytics
cookies to collect information about how
visitors use the Website, which the
Platform use to help improve it. These
cookies collect information in an
anonymous form, including the number of
visitors to the Website, where visitors
have come to the Website from and the
pages they visited.
||Google Privacy Overview
||XSRF-TOKEN, laravel_session, session_key, user_id
||We use persistent cookies and session
cookies to, for example, assist in the
navigation around the Platform, to
enhance your use of the Platform, and to
support graphic and video features.
- Notification with the Information Commissioner: We are in the process of notifying the Information
Commissioner of our role as a ‘data controller’ under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Terms of Service and Definitions: This PCP forms part of our Terms of Service. Except otherwise used in
this PCP, all capitalised words have the meaning as defined in our Terms of Service.
- Contact details: If at any time you would like to contact the Platform about your views on this PCP or any
enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at
email@example.com write to us at our registered address FAO Data Protection Officer, 163 Bath Street,
Glasgow, G2 4SQ, Scotland.